In the wintertime, it is so nice to have a pot of vegetable soup ready-to-go in the refrigerator. Veggies, on demand! This super-easy, marinated vegetable salad is similar in that you can grab-and-go.
Make this salad at least 4 hours in advance and keep for up to 3 days. A perfect way to clean out an overflowing vegetable drawer!
- 4 cups bite-sized mixed vegetables, such as:*
- Yellow squash
- Grape tomatoes
- Bell peppers
- Green beans
- Green onions
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- Dice vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix remaining ingredients and toss with mixed vegetables. Add Parmesan, if desired.
Cucumbers are only recommended if the salad will be served the same day.
Do NOT use leafy greens such spinach, lettuce, kale, arugula, etc.
Avoid winter squash and root vegetables which are better cooked.