I love recipes that makeover less nutritious dishes that taste BETTER than their previous version. This dish is actually Angel Hair with Clam Sauce. I have found that angel hair pasta is a great option as it offers more noodles per box to soak up the clam sauce deliciousness.
Most traditional recipes call for a bottle of clam sauce. Here I swap out the clam juice with another can of clams. More clams are definitely better!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3, 6.5oz canned chopped clams
- 12oz box whole wheat angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Start to heat water to boil the angel hair pasta. Cook pasta to al dente as you proceed with the following instructions.
- In a medium saucepan heat oil and melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, basil and black pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
- Drain the liquid from the canned clams into the saucepan. Heat to a simmer. Add clams to heat through.
- Mix clam sauce with pasta, plate, and serve, topped with parmesan.