Spinach and artichoke dip is one of those foods that sounds healthy but it really misses the mark. This recipe uses the nutritious components of that dip and jazzes them up with some low-fat cheese and a dash or parmesan. I couldn’t think of a better way to stuff protein-packed chicken breasts. The combo tastes great and with its wholesome ingredients, it will be a welcome addition to your meal plan rotation.
Before cooking gently weave a toothpick through the edge of the opening to ensure that all the spinachy, artichokey goodness stays intact.
Brown both sides of the stuffed chicken breast before transferring to the oven. If you do not have an oven-safe pan, transfer to a sheet pan.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3-4 breasts)
- 3 wedges Lite Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (about ¼ cup)
- ½ cup drained, marinated artichoke hearts, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag and lightly pound out to create even thickness. Cut pockets into the chicken breast, gently creating an opening without cutting all of the way through.
- In a small bowl mix together the cheese wedges, parmesan cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts. Divide the cheese mixture among the chicken breast, gently stuffing into the pockets.
- Use a toothpick to secure the pocket.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on both sides (about 2 minutes per side).
- Move chicken to oven. Bake 7-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove toothpick and serve.