If it strawberry season here in Florida and that means we have LOTS of strawberries. Whether this post finds you in strawberry season or not, it is nice to have a recipe to use berries that are beginning to wilt.
This recipe is for 2. If you’d like to bring in more protein, spread this recipe out for 3 and add in an egg on the side or some Greek yogurt on top. You may also use this as a dessert and top with a little vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. It’s a winner no matter the time of day you serve it!
- 1 medium apple, chopped into ½" cubes. About 1 cup.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (1/4" thick)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey or apple juice concentrate
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup instant oats (may use old-fashioned oats)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a microwave safe and oven safe dish with cooking spray. Add diced apple and microwave 1 minute. Add strawberries and lightly stir.
- Whisk coconut oil, honey, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add in oats and stir to coat. Top strawberry and apple mixture with oats.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 40 minutes or until bubbly. Keeping the dish covered the entire cooking time will result in a chewy topping. If you prefer a crispier topping, remove foil for the last 10 minutes of bake time.
- Allow to cool and serve.